
Idaho is a wonderful place to live. But right now when we think of Idaho, we think of our responsibilities: church, work, home repair/maintenance. We're off to Grandpa and Grandma's house as often as we can go, and because these trips exclude most of our responsibilities and we
do use vacation time to travel, we consider it a heavenly escape. This picture shows just how light as a feather I was feeling not having to answer phone calls or teach a lesson. But it also captures something Glenn and I cherish...physical fitness. I love still having the ability to run, jump, play and wrestle. I love being able to play basketball with the best of them and the youngest of them. I didn't say I beat anybody, just get to the same side of the court before they get the ball in the hoop! I enjoy adrenaline rushes in most forms and I'd like to keep it that way. It's slowing down...because I'm slowing down, but I'm satisfied where I am physically. I'm not missing out on most physical things I'd like to do, and I think that's saying a lot! I may not ever run a marathon again though!

Beached whale. That is the best description I have for this image of my six foot six, slightly over 200lb brother laying on the carpet of his oldest brother's new home. Notice the shirt conforming to the planarization of the carpet, gravity bending the ankles ever so relentlessly pinning them as if they were taped to the surface with no air in between. Just pokin' fun little brother. Please submit your best descriptions of this photograph for a chance to win another imitation by Shott in your own home, of this lifelike resemblance of a beached whale. Log on today!

I'm glad you're still here because I saved the best for last. Here will be another cherished photo that I will back up on my hard drive, put on CD and put in a safe deposit box as well, so that it lasts through the millennium. My Grandfather (already a hero in my eyes) basking in a hug from my daughter (you always hope your parents/grandparents will adore your kids but there's no guarantees - unless you see photos like this, which are hard, legal proof). We spent only a few minutes with Grandpa and Rayma last weekend but we made the most of it. I have always cherished being a member of this guy's family and always thought my daughter (who also was born and bread to cherish it) resembled that side of the family. So this just closes the loop for me. Or rather, it's closure. I can only hope this lasts, that she'll continue to admire her progenitors (a trait she actually gets from her mother). There's real gold in that idea. - Miguel
9 comments:
What a sweet picture of Megan and your Granddad! I know what you mean about getting away. We were with friends last weekend and it was so nice to have a little break from our stress (even for a short time).
planarization? What the heck is that?!? :)
I loved this blog Mike! Scott will love the picture of the "beached Whale." It's amazing how a picture does say a thousand words. Talking about family, and getting physical just gets me excited for your marathon in October. Go Mike!!
Thanks you two bloggin' die hards. Planarization was a fun way to say Scott looked like a flat pancake to the floor because of his chub conforming to gravity.
By the way, Scawna, I did a 16miler Saturday and it about killed me. Need to do a 20 this Saturday so I'll publish my will beforehand!
Great pictures! It seems you guys get out of the house and down to visit the fam WAY more than we do.
It's been so nice to have these blogs and see what everyone is up to, but at the same time, it makes me sad not to be around for all of it. We miss you all so much!
Ah, but we'll see you in a month!
Dang Miguel...you're an early blogger...
The Man
I'm so glad that coming home to parents (both sets) is such a break for you! That makes us feel wonderful! We feel badly that we don't try to do more when you're here (like you do for us in Boise). Maybe when we're retired?? Thanks for taking us to the movie at the J. S. Memorial Bldg. The Church does things so beautifully. It makes us proud to call ourselves part of it all.
Hey Mom, that movie was great! They can really make a tear jerker! Well, really it's the Spirit of the Lord that makes us feel so overcome with what happened throughout Joseph Smith's life, but it sure cuts to the core. Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment