Monday, September 04, 2006

Numbers 3.


This is a picture of

number 3 with number 3. By that I mean that I am the 3rd child to come to my parents' home and I'm sitting with my 3rd child. We have a bond in that respect. We've temporarily nicknamed this kid "Punk" or "Chewy". He's just starting the terrible twos and he's good at it already. But he's a smart kid and true all American boy.

This is in my parents' backyard, where I did most of my running around before I had to start paying my own bills. We went to Mom and Dad's after a reunion on the other side of the family, and Grandpa played with the kids like he always does. The kids don't seem to realize just how important these tiny moments with their grandparents are to me or them or my parents...but I sure do. How many grandparents would crawl under a trampoline because they were playing follow the leader with a 2 year old? How many would spend their day off going to a movie they'd already seen just to spend time with their grandkids, and then with things to get ready for the next day, they spend more time resizing photos so that when we got home, I could take a look at these on email and post them without waiting for my cursed 56K modem to download the original size? Well, I noticed that too. It was a wonderful weekend and next week's blog will go into more detail with more pics of a fun time with Grandpa and Grandma so stay tuned for Miguel flying, GrandDad hugging and Shott, the beached whale.

By the way, Happy Anniversary to Berrrreeeetttaaaaa and Shmind....-Miguel and Dill

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for remembering!

Kim said...

We don't take nearly enough trips up to see Grandma and Grandpa. That backyard is so beautiful, and the weather seems so great. I'm jealous.

How's the weather up in your neck of the woods? We're still WAY too hot.

Miguel said...

Weather's getting better but fires have created a haze in town that you can smell somethin' fierce. Can't wait to you see you all next month...Miguel.

Karen said...

You know, we take things for granted. The little things that happened this weekend were so ordinary and yet you appreciated them! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder! Thank you for caring so much - we sure do!!